Evaluation of the Microfinance Technical Assistance Program
DevTech successfully completed on schedule and within scope an in-country evaluation of USAID Honduras progress and the effectiveness of the current technical assistance to strengthen the micro- and small-business lending capacity of selected microfinance institutions in Honduras.
The DevTech evaluators reviewed and provided written analysis of the:
- Long- and short-term staffing, contract management, and support;
- Technical assistance and training activities, including indicators developed by the contractor for measuring results, the strategy followed, and results to date;
- Coordination between the institutional contractor, the Covelo Foundation, and the institutional contractor and USAID;
- Actions in support of the environment affecting the operations of microfinance institutions in Honduras; and
- Possible alternative actions for improving the results of the project during the remaining period under the contract.