Support for the Service Delivery Integration (SSDI) Activity Evaluation
Under contract from USAID/Malawi, DevTech Systems is currently providing performance evaluation services to The Support for Service Delivery Integration (SSDI) activity in Malawi. USAID/Malawi’s flagship health activity, SSDI aims to strengthen health systems in Malawi throughthe implementation of three primary health sector activities: SSDI-Services, SSDI-Communication, and SSDI-Systems. DevTech Systems’ approach to conducting the final performance evaluation of the SSDI activity involves all three component.
SSDI-Services Component - the evaluation will determine the effect of SSDI-Services’ interventions on:
- improved service delivery and quality of care at supported community clinics and health facilities;
- expanded coverage of quality EHP services; and
- increased uptake of quality integrated EH.
SSDI- Communications Component - determine the extent SSDI- Communications achieved its four primary objectives with specific focus on:
- extent to which SSDI-Communications was able to reposition the Health Education Section (HES);
- the degree to which SSDI-Communications’ campaigns resonated with individuals and communities; and
- an appraisal of the community mobilization implementation model.
SSDI-Systems Methodologies Component - analyze and evaluate:
- approaches to capacity strengthening;
- institutionalization of key MoH functions, including supportive supervision;
- management structures;
- response to stakeholder expressed needs; and
- mentorship in relation to the activity’s achievements.