Community Action for Reading and Security (CARS) Activity in Nicaragua
DevTech is currently implementing the four-year USAID-funded Community Action for Reading and Security (CARS) Activity in Nicaragua. The purpose of CARS is to improve early grade reading outcomes and contribute to reducing citizen insecurity in five municipalities of the Region Autonoma Atlantica Sur in Nicaragua, where both education and crime statistics lag behind the national averages. DevTech is working in close partnership with local organizations to implement an evidence-based approach to conduct activities at the municipal, community, and school level to transition to a local-led model to educational development and citizen security.
- Nicaragua CARS: EGRA 2014 Baseline
- Community mobilization for positive change. A qualitative study on participation and mobilization in the rural and semi – urban communities of the Southern Caribbean Coast of Nicaragua
- Nicaragua CARS: Gender Analysis
- Nicaragua CARS: Progress Report No. 1
- Nicaragua Community Action for Reading and Security (CARS) Activity FY2014 Annual Report