Nigeria Support for Strategic Information and Project Management Services (S4SIPMS)
In October 2016, USAID/Nigeria awarded DevTech Systems Inc. the Support for Strategic Information and Program Management Services (S4SIPMS) project in support of the HIV/AIDS, TB and PEPFAR’s team’s efforts to make strategic investments on quality programming that yield greater impact on saving lives and improving health status of people living with HIV. This award is a response to requirements set out by the Office of the Global AIDS Coordinator (OGAC). In order for USAID/Nigeria’s Office of HIV/AIDS and Tuberculosis (TB) to accomplish its charge in the fight against HIV/AIDS, the Mission team was tasked with supporting the strengthening of the Nigerian national health system through the use of Site Improvement through Monitoring Systems (SIMS) to continuously monitor and assess sites receiving PEPFAR funding to ensure effective quality program implementation, and the adherence to national and international standards and accountability. This impact would come through achieving the objectives below:
- Planning and Conducting SIMS Assessments
- Support for all data collection, analysis, reporting and quality improvement (QI) needs through the use of the SIMS tools;
- Support the management and application of SIMS assessment per Office of Global AIDS Coordinator (OGAC) requirements
- Promote quality management/quality improvement (QM/QI) approach to service delivery and process2. Capacity Building for Data Use
- Increase the capacity of implementing partners (IPs), strengthen Mission’s capacity to utilize SIMS data for continuous quality improvement and program monitoring3. Synthesize Evaluation Lessons and Analyze to determine Policy Implications
- Increase proper documentation, recording, data demand and use; and
- Foster country ownership and sustainability for program improvement and services delivery through data us.
The S4SIPMS Project has a set target of 782 Site Improvement through Monitoring Systems (SIMS) assessments given to the USAID Mission to be conducted in FY17. This number includes 586 initial SIMS assessments by DEVTECH Systems. The Nigeria S4SIPMS project has met all SIMS Assessment targets during its project history.