S/GWI Iraq Portfolio Evaluation Services
DevTech was awarded the Comprehensive Desk Review, Evaluability Assessment, and Results Framework Development of the U.S. Department of State’s Democracy, Human Rights, and Women’s Empowerment Programs in Iraq Task Order. Working with the, Bureau of Democracy, Human Rights and Labor (DRL) and the Secretary’s Office of Global Women’s Issues (S/GWI), this evaluation served five purposes:
- to understand the breadth and depth of DRL and S/GWI’s Iraq program portfolio to date;
- to assess the achievements and weaknesses of the DRL and S/GWI Iraq programs active between 2008 and 2015;
- to identify good practices and lessons learned for programming in Iraq and insecure environments;
- to determine which Iraq projects can be evaluated in the future through field work and beyond an in-depth desk review; and
- to develop a results framework for the DRL Iraq programming portfolio, which will be informed in part from the evaluation findings.
Activities were implemented under four key evaluation components including:
- an In-depth Desk Review and Portfolio Analysis;
- Results Framework and Performance Metric Development;
- Evaluability Assessment for Field Work and Data Collection Candidate Selection; and
- Good Practices, and Lessons Learned Aggregation.