Tertiary Education Linkages Project (TELP)
The Tertiary Education Linkages Project (TELP) provided assistance to the South African National Department of Education and the historically disadvantaged institutions (HDIs) in South Africa to promote equity through increased access to and enhanced quality of education. DevTech provided USAID/SA with technical support to assist in the management of policy analysis and planning, capacity building, and linkages with South Africa’s historically disadvantaged majority universities and technikons.
DevTech staff were responsible for:
- Providing organizational and material support to HDIs and technikons in conducting workshops, training courses, and other implementation activities;
- Recruiting, placing, and supervising South African and/or U.S. consultants to assist USAID/SA in the implementation of the project;
- Conducting workshops on the preparation of applications for TELP assistance;
- Convening the Application Review Panels and the Policy Consultative Forum; and
- Ensuring dissemination of project information to participating organizations throughout the tertiary education sector in South Africa.
DevTech also supported HDIs’ institutional capacity building efforts by providing financial management training.